Minutes: Parish Council Meeting 16th July 2020

Minutes of a Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 16th July 2020 @ 7.30pm via video conference.

Part 1 Public and Press present

Present

Councillor Mark Wakerly MW joined the meeting at 8.05pm

Councillor Tony Richardson TR

Councillor John Spence JS

Councillor Vic Brown VB

Councillor Adam Scott AS

K Marsh – Clerk


Public Forum

0 members of the public was present.


83/20 Apologies for absence

None.


84/20 Declarations of Interest

None.


85/20 Minutes

Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 18th June 2020 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record. The minutes were signed by Cllr TR.


86/20 Co-option of new councillor

Cllr AS signed the Declaration of Office.


87/20 Trees on the Bloor Homes Site

Following last months’ meeting the parish council had written to Bloor Homes outlining their concerns about the newly planted trees.  Bloor Homes responded promptly and will be carrying out any replanting that needs doing in the Autumn.  The parish council will monitor the situation.


88/20 Alderley Gate Residents’ Group

Cllr VB has been in contact with the Alderley Gate Residents’ Group organisers and had a very positive meeting.  The group is very keen to work with the parish council.  It was agreed that Cllr VB and Cllr JS would be the parish council representatives for the residents’ group to liaise with.


89/20 Neighbourhood Watch Scheme

Following a number of incidents concerning overnight camping on Giantswood Lane, it was agreed that a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme would be put in place. The Alderley Gate Residents Group are interested in setting this up with the parish council backing.

Resolved Cllr VB will liaise with the Alderley Gate Residents Group in the setting up of a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.


90/20 Way-marked Circular Fitness Route

A discussion took place about the idea of a circular route that included fitness equipment. Cllr VB had circulated a report on this prior to the meeting.  With a large number of people now using ‘Footpath 2’ the idea being discussed is to formalise the footpath link and purchase fitness equipment to go along it.  Waymarking would be needed to go along the trail. The parish council gave a statement of interest in principle. Cllr VB will make contact with landowners and also Cllr Suzie Akers-Smith to discuss the idea.


91/20 Newsletter

A discussion took place as to the contents of the Autumn newsletter. This will be signed off at the next meeting in September.


92/20 Business Plan

Cllr MW will send the business plan to Cllr AS.  Cllr JS has offered to proofread the report. Any other amendments are to be sent to the chairman by the 20th July for inclusion in the final plan.


93/20 Highways.

Alderley Gate – an accidental diesel spillage from a contractor’s van had been reported to the Environment Agency.  This has been dealt with by the Environment Agency.


94/20 Cheshire East. No ward member present.


95/20 Planning

Nil


96/20 Accounts

To note the balance of accounts = £21,247.08

Payments for approval

  • Online payment – £245.74 Clerk salary.
  • Online payment – £14.39 Clerk’s expenses, Zoom subscription.

Resolved the above payments be approved and signed for as a true and accurate record.

Receipts

Nil.

Resolved that the bank reconciliation was approved and will be signed at the first meeting following the coronavirus lockdown.


96/20 Clerks Report

The clerk had circulated a report on the findings of research about the new noticeboard at Newsbank.

Resolved that the freestanding A1 noticeboard would be purchased from the supplier based in Northwich and Congleton Town Council would carry out the installation.

The clerk reported on the quotes that had been received for the painting of the bench and repair of the boundary signs. Cllr AS has volunteered to carry out the work.

Resolved that Cllr AS will assess the work.  The clerk would carry out a risk assessment prior to this being undertaken.


97/20 Chairman and Member Report.  Nil.


The next meeting will be the on 17th September 2020 @ 7.30pm either by video conference or at Westlow Mere Fisheries depending on whether the coronavirus lockdown has been lifted.

Meeting closed at 20.25